Skip to main content

DEPTHS OF PAIN (for my first love)


I look in your eyes,
And I forgot how to cry.

My tears hide from me and gaze from afar,
As your lens pierces my soul with secrets that swallows my depths.
And I am left with stagnant silence,
That breaks my jaw and scatter my thoughts.

I don't know how to cry.

You wept time and again
As the door of your temple was shattered into fragments of broken vows.
How is it that pain always find joy to prey upon?
There are grades to sorrow,
A girl in travail will burn your ears with tales of pure fire from the depths of pain.

I will speak once of this sweet evil,
After which I will speak no more.
For in rape is an ape that scorns the heavens and teaches the earth to lose honour or find pain.
He is a beast!
One that should be sacrificed to the gods of the earth,
And sentenced at the gate of heaven to an eternity with pain.

I now know the valley
Where killing joy is a joy in itself,
And I wonder if I can ever understand this depths I am in the shadow of.

I look in your eyes,
And I still don't know how to cry.

Your visit at the depth of pain
And how you overcame
Has taught me how to satisfy my sorrow
Without shedding a tear.

#El_Magnifico™

(Published in "Raven Cage Poetry and Prose Ezine #48")

Comments

  1. Hmm... Now I know how to satisfy my sorrow without shedding tears. Nice one bro...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HEADLESS

THE GOLDEN '99 THAT UNITED THE RED DEVILS

17 UNPOPULAR FACTS ABOUT CRISTIANO RONALDO

WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER CHELSEA A CONTENDER FOR EPL TITLE

WHY DAVIES IS A BETTER TALENT THAN HAALAND, SANCHO, & FODEN.

DÉJÀ VU 2

LONGING

BULLSEYE

DANCES ON TOMBSTONES