Skip to main content

SCREAMS (from broken homes)

 


...of a gradual waste...


...of screams...


I am a season,

Alternating,

Through spells of rains and drought,

Vacillating.

I am a sapling,

Growing in a drought-stricken earth,

That I am without strength,

To rise above this dearth.


Halt! And observe...


I am a woman,

Swept  by the direction of the wind,

In weakness of no shame,

Gallivanting around as a public ball,

Wandering aimlessly as I roll from feet to feet,

Wasting in the cheapness of abundance,

And hearkening to the call of screams,

With no meaningful honour.


Impatience...


A sweetened-sour wine,

Intoxicating,

And concocting severe fantasies,

Of nigh bed of roses,

Masking the thorns,

Allowing those under its influence,

Yearn to be screams-

Screams of desolation.


Of recurring screams...


I am a curse,

Refusing to be broken,

Feeding on weaknesses, 

And strips of puzzles left unsolved.

I am the curse you detested,

The drought you created,

The music of "set-me-free" you sang,

I danced your tune and sang along...


I am the screams of broken homes.


#El_Magnifico™


Read: Screams (from my Fatherland) 👇👇👇

https://fireofmoods.blogspot.com/2020/05/poetry-screams-from-my-fatherland.html?m=1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HEADLESS

BULLSEYE

17 UNPOPULAR FACTS ABOUT CRISTIANO RONALDO

UNFORGETTABLE

WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER CHELSEA A CONTENDER FOR EPL TITLE

DÉJÀ VU 2

BLOODBATH 3

DÉJÀ VU 1

THE DARKEST PATH THAT LEADS TO LIGHT

LIMITS AND THE FORCE OF BLOOD